Delicious Homemade Chicken Stew:
(I made a recipe for chicken stew. It’s pretty easy, and a great comfort food.)
- Whole chicken
- 1 bag (16 oz.) of baby carrots (cut in half, about 1 inch pieces)
- 3 or 4 stalks of celery (chopped)
- 4 to 5 small/medium potatoes (peeled & cubed)
- chicken bouillon powder
- onion salt
- onion powder
- garlic salt
- minced onion (optional)
- almost half of a 16 oz. bag of egg noodles
To make: (use at least a 5 quart pot for this recipe)
- Boil chicken (about 3 1/2-4 hours) until meat starts falling off bones.
- Drain chicken in strainer, SAVE BROTH! (Use strainer over large bowl or another large pot. Let chicken cool down a few minutes.)
- Add carrots and celery to broth, continue boiling (med/high heat) as you separate chicken meat from the bones.
- Add chicken to carrots and celery in broth.
- Add 4 tsp. chicken bouillon, 1 tsp. onion powder, 2 tsp. onion salt, 2 tsp. garlic salt, 2 tsp. minced onion.
- Add potatoes and 1 cup of water. Let cook on medium heat for about 20-30 minutes, or until vegetables are soft, stir occasionally.
- Add 3 cups water, 4 tsp. chicken bouillon, 1 tsp. onion salt and egg noodles. (Add parsley if desired.)
- Continue cooking on medium/low heat until noodles are soft, stir occasionally.
- Keep covered on warm until stew begins to thicken. *Stew will be thicker than soup*
(Hope you enjoy your homemade chicken stew!)